Offering 24-Hour Emergency Vet Services in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
We are the only veterinary practice in Weston offering on-site, 24-hour emergency care 365 days a year. Our dedicated emergency vets and staff are able to provide full hospitalisation facilities and 24-hour care and monitoring to dogs, cats, rabbits, and pocket pets. Our hospital has three species-specific wards for dogs, cats, rabbits, and rodents to keep all our patients as comfortable as possible. We also have an isolation ward for nursing animals that are or could be contagious to other animals and to humans.
Please note: If you call us outside of our normal hospital hours, you will hear a recorded message with the contact number for the Duty Vet. Phone this number to speak directly with the Duty Vet and confirm whether your pet can receive the care they need. Phoning ahead gives the Vet time to prepare for your arrival and provide immediate treatment.
Is Your Pet Having an Emergency?
Contact Green Pastures right away if any of the following situations apply to your pet:
- Difficulty breathing (gasping, gagging, snorting)
- In severe pain (crying out, whimpering, baring teeth when touched)
- Laboured breathing
- Choking (pawing at mouth, licking lips)
- Excessive vomiting/diarrhea (more than two episodes)
- Hemorrhaging from a wound or orifice
- Acting lethargic and disoriented
- Has possible broken bones
- Has not had any water for 24+ hours
- Straining or unable to urinate or pass stool
- Hit by a car
- Attacked by another animal
- Ingested a known poison (rodenticide, human medication, mushroom, etc.)